Possible side-effects

I have my blood tested in March and the result is positive. My present CD4 count is 278 and the doctor said that I have to begin the resistance. The prescription he gave me was Zerit, ddI and Stocrin. What are the possible side-effects occured? BKK Thailand

Response from Dr. Boyle

All of three of these drugs, like all HIV drugs, can have many side effects. You should discuss potential side efects and potential toxicities with your doctor. To mention the most common ones associated with each medication: ddI tablets may casue diarrhea, bloating, peripheral neuropathy, and pancreatitis. Zerit is generally very well tolerated but can also cause GI upset and peripheral neuropathy. Stocrin (efavirenz) can cause dizziness, insomnia, vivid dreams, decreased concentration and depression, but these symptoms resolve in most patients within 2 weeks. Again, if your doctor did not discuss these with you in detail, you should return to him/her for more information. Being aware of potential side effects and being prepared to manage them is an important part of starting and staying on antriretroviral therapy. BB

Fatigue/depression
anorgasmia and citalopram-how to counteract side effect?