Veins in hand and feet

I've been HIV+ since 1990. Started taking sustiva+truvada by the end of '05. Discontinued soon (sustiva neurological side effects). Started kaletra + truvada (5 pills once a day). Couple months later I changed to Truvada+Reyataz despite of good response (undetect vl, CD4>400) just to have fewer pills. After less than a month into this treatment, I started having bruises in feet and hands just when doing regular home tasks. My veins in my fingers and toes are very visible sometimes and very prone to get hurt by simple actions. I'm not worried about aesthetics yet (although I can see this coming to be a prob in arms and legs), but just wondering if something else than just fat atrophy is going on. I'm considering going back to Kaletra+Truvada, to get rid of this veins problem. I know I've been a little too fast changing meds so far, so I'm trying to consider carefully my options now. My cholesterol is good (lots of the good one), liver test ok, nothing weird at all according to my doc. Sorry if it got long or confusing and thanks for being there for us!!

I assume you are taking ritonavir boosted Reyataz since the tenofovir in the Truvada decreases the levels of atazanavir usually necessitating use of ritonavir to boost the Reyataz levels. Ordinarily fat problems (such as fat loss) with Truvada + r-Reyataz have been minimal. Easy bruising often is a separate issue from fat loss. Use of aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such a ibuprofen) in some patients can lead to a platelet disorder with easy bruising. A clotting/coagulation/platelent evaluation may be helfpul. I am not sure that switching to Kaletra would help matters much. KH

Stopping of HIV Treatment
hiv and immuno-suppressants like arava or remicade