low dose radiation for swollen parotid glands

I have just seen some very positive pic's of a hiv patient that had swollen parotid glands. He was treated several low doses radiation over three weeks. I have this prob. Does the radiation destroy the parotid glands-if so do I need them? are there any downsides to doing this. I really would like to have it done-Thank you

I have had perhaps a dozen patients undergo low dose radiation for cystic swelling of the parototids in the setting of HIV infectio. The results been generall factorable. Some have complained of a somewhat dry mouth afterwards and in some cases the parotid swelling has recurred. I have had several patients undergo a 2nd course of radiation after several years. KH

Traveling with meds
Stopping of HIV Treatment