parotid glands swelling

Hi I have been HIV+ for 14 years and have had two medium cases of lipo... (sorry I forget which word is correct). This cuased me to lose fat from the central part of my face in a classic manner as well as limbs etc. and a small increase in the stomach, all classic. I had a fairly full face when normal weight and I was left after lipo with what look like swollen parotid glands on each side of my face, which disturb me (and others). My question is are the parotids swollen? Is it possible they stay swollen for years? Is it fat stubborn deposits not affected by lipo instead. My resilts are often extremely good undetectable viral load and 400+ T cells. And the "swelling" decreases when I lose weight (well i thnk it does). Any suggestions how to find out and possible treatments. Many thanks Scott

A number of conditions in HIV+ persons can cause the parotid glands to swell (as well as a sort of "pseudo-swelling" due loss of surrounding fat as you describe)/ Polycystic disease of the parotids and Sjrogens are 2 of the possible causes. An ENT exam and sometimes an ultrasound or CT of the face can help sort out some of the possible causes and assist is treatment decisions. KH

hiv infection
Traveling with meds