Colonic Irrigation for HIV-Positive people

Hello, i am contemplating going for a colonic irrigation as an alternative to medicines to curb gas, bloating and simply to detoxify my body and digestive system. I am on sustiva, epivir and viread once a day. Is this a safe thing to do?

I have seen no convincing data that colonic irritation is helpful in the setting of treated HIV infection. I have had patients undergo colonic irrigation and I haven't observed any clear benefit or clear negative consequences. If any reader has a reference in the peer-reviewed scientific literature on the safety and efficacy of colonic irrigation in HIV infection please post in this forum so I can read it. KH

side effects or just co incidence
12 year old with high cholesterol and triglycerides