Combivir/sustiva / Effexor/ X +GHB

With Combivir + Sustiva seemingly the most common starter ARV. X + GHB the most common Party drugs. What are the risk of the 4 combination. I'm also on 3x75mg of Effexor. Should I avoid close proximity in timing between taking Effexor and Susitva+ GHB?

Ectasy (MDMA) should not be used at all if on a protease inhibitor particularly a regimen including ritonavir (commonly used as a booster with other protease inhibitors) due to the risk for apotentially lethal drug interaction. Formal studies of Sustiva with either MDMA or GHB have not been published to my knowledge. Though there may not be a direct drug interaction, rates of unsafe sex have been reported to increase when under the influence of either MDMA and/or GHB. Resistance to the 3TC in Combivir and to efavirenz (Sustiva) is fairly common in the HIV+ treated population so there is a risk for acquiring a strain of HIV resistant to one or both of those drugs in the setting of unsafe sex which could lead to failure of a Combivir + Sustiva regimen. KH

Body changing
feels like a creepy crawly under my skin