The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Choosing a Doctor
Aug 29, 2006

I need to choose a new Doctor due to changes in my health care coverage. I am unsure of the differences between a Doctor specializing in Internal Medicine and one in General Practice. Is one more of a fit for me as a middle aged man who is HIV positive for 15 years.

Response from Dr. Henry

I would contact your local HIV/AIDS community based organizations to find out names of local HIV providers that they can recommend. Your current HIV provider may also know who he/she is comfortable with transfering car to. The specialty of the doctor is less important than their HIV experience and bedside manner. KH

Brother's Weight Loss
Side effects of atripla

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint