|Choosing a Doctor
Aug 29, 2006
I need to choose a new Doctor due to changes in my health care coverage. I am unsure of the differences between a Doctor specializing in Internal Medicine and one in General Practice. Is one more of a fit for me as a middle aged man who is HIV positive for 15 years.
Response from Dr. Henry
I would contact your local HIV/AIDS community based organizations to find out names of local HIV providers that they can recommend. Your current HIV provider may also know who he/she is comfortable with transfering car to. The specialty of the doctor is less important than their HIV experience and bedside manner. KH
Brother's Weight Loss
Side effects of atripla
- Sharing Anal Sex Toy Risk
- Should You Wait To Get An Hiv Test After Taking Cipro?
- Heterosexual Vaginal Sex Should I Be Worried About Hiv
- How Long Can Untreated Vaginal Thrush Last?
- How Long Does It Take To Feel Hiv?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.