|does truvada and efavirenz interact with horopito for candidiasis
Aug 29, 2006
hi, i'm currently on truvada and sustiva. I have been recommended to try horopito, a herbal remedy from new zealand for intestinal candidiasis. I was wondering if there are any interactions. Also i want to know if there are any liver protectants i could use. i was told milk thistle may interact with sustiva, and don't want to take any chances. Many many thanks david uk
| Response from Dr. Henry
You have stumped me. Horopito (from the pepper tree in New Zealand) has been tauted as having anti-yeast activity but I am unaware of any drug interaction studies to be able to confidently answer your question. If any reader is aware of a reference please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can The Diagnosis Of Intestinal Candidiasis Be Dubious?
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.