Rash all over body

I recently got on Atrila after being on Combivir for years and it really worked great. They did want to get my t cells up a little for a hep c treatment i need to start. However after being on it for about 10 days I devoleped a terrible rash that covered my body from head to toe and itched like crazy. The doc took me off of it for a week but wanted me to get back on it and thinks rash will subside. What do you think because I am just nevous to get back on and really want to just get back on Combivir because this has been just aweful. Do you think if I go back on Atripla the Rash will go away??Hard for me to believe....

I am not familiar with Atrila (did you mean Atripla which is efavirenz + tenofovir + emtricitabine?). I often don't like starting all the 3 drugs in Atripla at once in that formulation since it can be hard to sort out which drug is causing a problem such as a rash (usually efavirenz but not always). Stopping Atripla can lead to resistance is some cases so again that shows the problem with using a 3 in 1 drug on which side effects occur in the first weeks on treatment. Most HIV specialist are familiar with working around these sorts of dilemmas. If you rash was extreme then restarting the Atripla is often not recommended--if mild to moderate often can treat through efavirenz rashes. In the US there are many alternatives to efavirenz for those who have serious reactions to it. KH

HIV+ STATUS
Urine odor