Bone Problems

I have been having severe bone problems for about a year I have been going through many tests, and they have just found out my bones are fracturing, and my hips and thighs have bone loss at osteoporosis levels, One of the Dr.s says it's my meds, and they say Viread is one of the problems, but I am in so much pain and I need some answers, I can't be the only one experiencing these problems and are there any Dr.'s trying to solve this, or clinical trials somewhere where I can get some help, my HMO is fighting me every step of the way and I need help.

Severe bone loss seems to be more common in HIV+ persons-all of the factors responsible have not been worked out. A small subset of patients on tenofovir may experience bone loss but most often it is hard to say that the tenofovir is the main factor. Use of calcium/Vitamin D supplements and drugs like alendronate can be well-tolerated and helpful. Hormone deficiencies, thyroid disorders, and a range of other medical problems can sometimes be involved in the process so a work up by an endocrinologist or bone specialist sometimes is helpful. KH

Atripla side effects
Thrush - TMP/SMX