Diarrhea cause meds to waste?

How concerned should an HIVer be with wasting their meds due to diarrhea? Generally, I am not watery; just loose. I avoid milk, etc. on day before and during my zythromax (once a wk). I also take bactrim on daily basis. I've found acidophulous to be helpful, and eat it day before and day of the zythro which has helped. I also take lactace with any meals that might include milk which has been helpful ... from what I've read, calcium supplements will be included in the future. Fiber is also a big part of my diet such as whole grains from bread and cereal as well as legumes (beans). I just don't want to become resistant to my meds due to them going to the toilet and not maintaining the proper chemical balance in my body. I sure 'preciate all of the answers I've been able to read here on The Body to help me thru this new life.

Most patients with persistent loose stools seem to do well with good responses to HIV medications despite the concern about decreased absorption from the gut. For most medications that doesn't generally pose a problem. If you have some degree of drug resistance and are on a rescue type regimen then checking blood levels sometimes might help to make sure the doses used are achieving target levels in the blood. KH

high hemolglobin
Atripla side effects