Changing meds to reduce diarreha

I was diagnosed in 1991. My current VLF is >50 and CD4 386. I am currently on Kaletra, Lexiva and Viramune. I have chronic diarreha and after many tests...CT, MRI,Stool biopsies, GI series,etc.I have been told I can only treat the symptoms. Immodium AD helps somewhat, but my lifestyle has been nagatively affected. I've also been told that because my VLF is "undetectable" I can't take the tests necessary to determine if I can change my current HIV "cocktail" which might help with this problem. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Lexiva can cause a decrease in the lopinavir levels as can nevirapine so I assume you are doing OK on that regimen (virus suppressed and adequate blood levels of lopinavir?). Calcium supplements and oat or other froms of bran sometimes is helpful at decreasing aggravatig loose stools from protease inhibitors. I assume you have no evidence for gluten sensitivity or lactose intolerance? The availability of TMC114 and Fuzeon provides newer options for maintaining viral suppression in the setting of a history of resistance. Further discussion about what switch options make sense for you may be warranted if additional efforts to improve your GI symptoms don't prove fruitful. KH

not able to gain...
bleeding gums concern