Split Once a Day Dosage

Taking cnce a day Sustiva, 3TC, & Abacavir. VL undetectable for 1.5 years and CD4 = 400. Have always had sustiva induced dreams but I'm OK with that. Experiencing too much insomnia; it's affecting my work. Perfectly compliant and have no problem with taking meds; I don't miss doeses. Can I take my 3tc dose in the the morning and sustiva and abacavir at night. 3tc makes me racey and moving it to the morning might just be enough to let me sleep more. There is no sense in moving sustiva to the morning though, as I would just be too stoned to work effectively.

Thanks

There is not much published information on splitting doses like you outline but I generally would not have a problem trying it on a trial basis for several weeks to see if you symptoms improve along with perhaps checking your viral load a month or so after making the switch to watch for any signs for early viral rebound. If you have no history of drug resistance I would be more comfortable with the split dose trial. KH

Dry Cracked Lips
neck masses