|Sustiva/Truvada and cocaine
Aug 18, 2006
Been on Sustiva/Truvada for a little over a year. undet viral load and t cells in the 500's. Went to a party the day before blood draw after cocaine use viral load was 149. will it go back to undet or could the cocaine use have caused resistance to the meds. I have 100% adherence
Response from Dr. Henry
Use of intermittend cocaine generally doesn't directly impact HIV levels or the effectiveness of a potent HIV regimen such as a Sustiva based regimen. Cocaine use can impact adherence and safe sex which can lead to missed doses or unsafe sex with exposure to drug resistant virus. KH
Neurological - please answer
- Is Loose Stool An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Condom Causing Penis Irritation
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.