Hand blotches on palms

Hi Dr Brian. Is it normal for your palms to have red or white blotches because my hands sweat? I was having muscle aches and lost about 5 pounds due to stress about what might happen. Thanks a lot

Response from Dr. Conway

The type of rash you describe is unusual as an initial manifestation of HIV infection. However, if you have been possibly exposed to HIV, I would definitely recommend that you get tested, whether you have symptoms or not. If the exposure is recent and your doctor thinks that you may have symptoms of acute HIV infection, you may undergo tests to detect the virus itself in addition to the standard antibody test, so it is important that you talk to your doctor as soon as you can to go over these issues. It will also help you with your stress, I am sure...

What,s the window period for HIV RNA nucleic acid testing?
change med du to neuopathy