Hand blotches on palms
Aug 15, 2006
Hi Dr Brian. Is it normal for your palms to have red or white blotches because my hands sweat? I was having muscle aches and lost about 5 pounds due to stress about what might happen. Thanks a lot
Response from Dr. Conway
The type of rash you describe is unusual as an initial manifestation of HIV infection. However, if you have been possibly exposed to HIV, I would definitely recommend that you get tested, whether you have symptoms or not. If the exposure is recent and your doctor thinks that you may have symptoms of acute HIV infection, you may undergo tests to detect the virus itself in addition to the standard antibody test, so it is important that you talk to your doctor as soon as you can to go over these issues. It will also help you with your stress, I am sure...
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.