|HIV positive child
Aug 14, 2006
what are the signs and symptoms of an HIV positive child?
| Response from Dr. Conway
The signs and symptoms in a chld would be quite similar to those in an adult with the development of opportunistic infections as the immune system weakens. A big difference is that HIV would affect the brain in a disproportionate manner and slow development considerably. This is why antiretroviral therapy is begun as soon as the infant is confirmed to be HIV positive, to allow growth and development to proceed as normally as possible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can You Use Cipro To Treat A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.