HIV positive child
Aug 14, 2006
what are the signs and symptoms of an HIV positive child?
Response from Dr. Conway
The signs and symptoms in a chld would be quite similar to those in an adult with the development of opportunistic infections as the immune system weakens. A big difference is that HIV would affect the brain in a disproportionate manner and slow development considerably. This is why antiretroviral therapy is begun as soon as the infant is confirmed to be HIV positive, to allow growth and development to proceed as normally as possible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv If You Share Drinks With A Person Who Has It?
- Can Garlic Heal Hepatitis B?
- How Long Can A Child Live With Hiv?
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- What Is The Last Stage Of Hiv?
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.