Aug 13, 2006
In treatment-naive patients who develop neuropathy, does viral load or CD4 count necessarily have anything to do with the onset of this condition or can it just as easily happen to someone with low load and good CD4 counts?
| Response from Dr. Conway
In fact, neuropathy can be due to the effects of HIV itself. In these cases, it would be worse at a lower CD4 count and higher viral load. If it happens in the setting of succesful HAART, I might suspect a side effect of a medication or some other cause than HIV itself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can An Adult Get Infected By Drinking Hiv Breast Milk Once?
- What Types Of Human Cells Are Attacked By Hiv?
- Can Someone Get Hiv Or Aids If Both Partners Don't Have It?
- Cases Where People Got Hep C From Needle Stick
- Dialysis And Having Aids Virus
- Once You Use A Lancet For Hiv Testing Is It Reusable
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.