|Broken blood vessal on the shin
Aug 13, 2006
I got hit by a baseball below the knee right on the bone. The doctor has told me there is a broken blood vessel. I am getting a lot of bruising around the ankle and it has been for a week. Is this normal and or what treatment should be taken? I am concerned about this because it is getting worse.
Response from Dr. Conway
This sounds very normal to me, following an injury of the type you describe. After an injury, the blood under the skin will spread downwards and appear at a location that may be distant from the site of the original trauma. You might try keeping your foot elevated when you are sitting down (and perhaps even in bed). This may well speed up the healing process.
What circumstaces would you take Combivir?
Rash followup question
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- The Symptoms Of Stomach Pain And Hot Flashes
- What Is The Shot You Get For Std's?
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.