What circumstaces would you take Combivir?

Hello. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry I have another question in response to your answer. I had originally asked if combivir was used for anything other than the treatment of HIV. You agreed and also said 'also used for prevention of HIV infection in some situations).' So what kind of other illnesses would that be? So to be taking these drugs does not necessarily mean that they could have HIV? Apologies for my ignorance, however I am trying to understand this drug. Thanks so much for your time.

Combivir is used as a preventative (4 weeks is typical duration) for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) after a risk exposure (such as sex without a condom or a needle stick injury) of a person with another persons who is infected with HIV or at high risk for HIV of unknown HIV status. Combivir (AZT + 3TC) is only used for issues related to HIV infection-there is no other indication for its use.

Multipule meds with same type of side effects
Broken blood vessal on the shin