too much time in the john

In the early part of 06-I switched from the gel kaletra to the hard capsule-My normal habit is to hit the john-every day or two-my whole life-now I am going 4-6 times a day-either watery or lose-is this a side effect of Kaletra?I see my doc-at the end of Sept.i am wondering if this warrants-an earlier visit-Its making my life very difficult-any thoughts- my vl-is 5,600-tcells-299 and cd4% 23-thx

A bowel evaluation looking for infections (such as a parasite) may be warranted. You may be sensitive to the GI effects of the Kaletra capsule. Taking with food, calcium supplements, oat or other forms of bran--those interventions help some patients. Use of Immodium or Lomotil in varying doses also helps some patients. If annoying frequent stools persist then a discussion with your HIV specialist of what alternative drugs are an option for you would be reasonable. KH

Lexiva & Kaletra
Rosacea Treatment