Muscle weakness

I was diagnosed HIV+ two years ago. I wasa wondering if it's normal or is this from my meds(Combiver, Sustiva and I also take Apo-Sulfatrim DS)I used to be a very strong person back in 98-99, I used to lift weights and was able to do squats lifting 120lbs on my shoulders and bench press a 100lbs now I can't even carry a couple of heavy bags of groceries home without having to stop and rest afew times and then I feel very shaky for a couple of hours after. Also I'm getting muscle cramps in the back of my legs, cramps in my feet similar to what you'd get after going for a swim and then standing on the cold cement around the pool and a new thing that has just started with my feet and hands. I can move them a certain way and they sort of get stuck that way. It's really hard to explain but it's areally weird feeling. I don't see my Doctor until September. He quite good with answering my questions but once again I forgot to bring this up with him. Thank you n in advance for your time

The AZT in the Combivir can cause a myopathy (muscle condition) that can result in muscle weakness/pain. The lamivudine in the Combivir can cause a peripheral neuropathy which can start off as pain/numbness in toes/feet. Other conditions can cause symptoms like that as well so it would be a good idea to call your HIV specialist and discuss in the phone to decide if you need more immediate full evaluation. KH

Combivir
Metabolism, Testosterone, HARRT, and Weight gain.