|Long Term Side Effects
Aug 7, 2006
Has there been any findings on the long term side effects from HIV & other combined meds now that HIV+ people are living longer?
Response from Dr. Henry
There is an increasingly growing experience with long-term use of effective antiretroviral therapy which has been available now for 10+ years. Many newer regimens appear to have lower rates of side effects but interpretation is hampered by less long term follow-up. In general the rate of serious long term side effects over time seems to be stable or in some cases decreasing when regimens can be switched around in regions of the world with access to most/all of the HIV drugs licensed in the US/Europe/Canada/Australia. KH
- Is Vomiting An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
- Can Someone With Hiv Become A Nurse?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.