Aug 7, 2006
The last time I went to see my HIV specialist was in March at which point he told me that my numbers were good enough for me to not return for 6 months. I am scheduled to go back in September, but the other day, I developed an abscess near my anus and had to have it drained. Should I be alarmed. Is this an indication that my numbers may be lower? Is this a sign of disease progression? Please advise. Thank you for all of your help.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Abscesses in tha regions can be due to a variety of conditions (including infection with methicillin staph or perianal fistulas) that often do not reflect the general status of the immune system/CD4 count as it relates to your HIV treatment. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tonsil Abscess A Sign Of Hiv Infection?
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.