Abscess

The last time I went to see my HIV specialist was in March at which point he told me that my numbers were good enough for me to not return for 6 months. I am scheduled to go back in September, but the other day, I developed an abscess near my anus and had to have it drained. Should I be alarmed. Is this an indication that my numbers may be lower? Is this a sign of disease progression? Please advise. Thank you for all of your help.

Abscesses in tha regions can be due to a variety of conditions (including infection with methicillin staph or perianal fistulas) that often do not reflect the general status of the immune system/CD4 count as it relates to your HIV treatment. KH

Sustiva dreams after 2 years!
Long Term Side Effects