Aug 7, 2006
The last time I went to see my HIV specialist was in March at which point he told me that my numbers were good enough for me to not return for 6 months. I am scheduled to go back in September, but the other day, I developed an abscess near my anus and had to have it drained. Should I be alarmed. Is this an indication that my numbers may be lower? Is this a sign of disease progression? Please advise. Thank you for all of your help.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Abscesses in tha regions can be due to a variety of conditions (including infection with methicillin staph or perianal fistulas) that often do not reflect the general status of the immune system/CD4 count as it relates to your HIV treatment. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tonsil Abscess A Sign Of Hiv Infection?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Precum Touching Vagina
- Pubic Hair How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Razors How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.