WHAT'S GOING ON

I RECENTLY HAD TO STOP MEDICATION DUE TO A FINANCE ISSUE. I WAS TAKING VIRAMUNE,RETROVIR,ZERIT. MY URINE IS VERY YELLOW,SOMETIMES IT HURTS TO GO. MY HANDS HAVE HARD KNOTS IN THEM AND THEY ARE ALL BUT USELESS. WERE THE MEDICATIONS HIDING THESE THINGS,OR DID THEY CAUSE THEM? I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY BODY NOW.

Response from Dr. Conway

Of all the issues that you raise, the only one that may be related to your mrdications seems to be the "knots" in your hands, that may be due to neuropathy, often associated with Zerit. As for what is causing the urinary symptoms and feelings in your hands, I cannot think of a single diagnosis that links them. I am not sure if they are caused by your HIV disease or not. I would think that diagnostic tests are in order. I would advise you not to panic until you have more information and your options are clear.

whooping cough
HIV rash