Atripla

I was taking Truvada and Viramune until 9 days ago when I switched to Atripla. I have taken Sustiva in the past with no problem, however, this time I am having diarrhea and breaking out in a rash. I am ready to quit taking Atripla and go back to Truvada and Viramune. What do you think?

Interesting-did you have a rash when you took Sustiva in the past? Truvada and Viramune can be a fine treatment for many patients so if you are clearly having problems with the Atriple formulation switching back seems to be a reasonable option. Sustiva rash generally dinimish over several weeks so treating through and monitoring for other problems is also reasonable for many patients. KH

Echinacea and other herbal remedies
Starting HAART Earlier