|hiv positive and steriods and occasional cocaine use
Aug 4, 2006
being hiv i aminto working out but i dont seem to get the best results so i will be taking steriods in small doses.and i do occasionally use cocaine.could this combo be neg. thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is no convincing evidence that occasional use of steroids or cocaine are linked to more rapid progression to AIDS in HIV+ persons. Steroids (I assume you mean anabolic steroids)may have other negative health consequences (liver, lipids) and cocaine use can cause cardiac problems and has been linked to increased unsafe sex with resultant additional sexually transmitted diseases and/or acquiring additional strains of HIV which can be drug resistant or more harmful to a paitent's immune system. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Picking Your Nose
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.