Drug related Eczema?

I have been taking Viread, Videx EC, Reyataz, and Norvir for about 5 yrs now and doing great with them. A few years ago I noticed a dry spot on the top, outside of my right foot and my Doc told me that it was dishydrosis, it cleared up than returned and has continued that cycle for about 2 yrs now. My fingertips also started peeling...no itch or pain, just an eye-sore...and would cycle as well every few months. This go around, my Fingers have been peeling for almost 2 months instead of the week or 2 as normal and nor my toes have started peeling as well. I showed my new post- Katrina Dr. and he said it was a form of Eczema...Is this a common side effect of this combo, and do you have any suggestions for treating it? Chad

Dry skin and /or eczema (very general term for inflammatory skin conditions often characterized by crusting/peeling) are common in HIV infection (and in the general population as well). I can't clearly link the condition to any one drug in your current HIV regimen. A variety of topical therapys (from moisturizers to corticosteroids) help patients in a variable (often trial and error approach needed) manner. Often a dermatologist can help with a more specific diagnosis and treatment recommendation. KH

treating reflux v. HIV medication
Ziagen - Rash