nosebleeds

Hi, I have been HIV positive for 5 years and have just started Truvada. I notice I am getting frequent nosebleeds and skin rashes. Could this be related to the drugs, HIV or something else. Any drugs I can take to stop it?

Rahul

I hope you are taking more than just Truvada since a dual nucleoside regimen is not considered potent enough for long term benefit for most patients. Rash can be seen with Truvada but the nature of the rash needs to be evaluated by your HIV specialist since there are a large number of skin conditions that are seen in the setting of HIV infection. Nose bleeds are uncommonly due to Truvada. Low platelet counts can be seen with HIV so a blood evaluation and a nose examination are important to determine what factor could be linked to the nosebleed. KH

Advice for change of treatment
<200