lypodistrophy

I'am a 14 yr old female born with the HIV virus. I have lypodistrophy, i no this because my upper body (excluding my face and arms) is fat, on the other hand my legs and buttocks are very skinny.I used to be on Zerit, Epivir, and Viracept 4 alot of years. I have changed my medications recently, about 6 months ago to Sustiva, Epzicom, and Viread. I am very concerned, because every one my age has a nice body and has equal fat every where. I weight approximantly 103.3 lbs. My doctor says that nothing is wrong with me. I wonder if i will ever be able to lose the lipo. I really want to get surgery to properly distribute the fat. What do you think is the best option for me at this stage? Please i am very concerned.

Good questions. Your fat problems that are related to treatment may stabilize/improve somewhat (often slowly) on your new regimen. Exercise and diet may help a bit. fat issues in the setting of HIV treatment are a complicated topic with many uncertainties even in adults with HIV-even less is known about kids/adolescents. Plastic surgery has been used some (expensive) particularly for fat loss in the face. There is a genetic component to fat distribution as well as contributions of age and HIV/CD4 count factors so not all of the fat problems are linked directly to HIV medications. KH

seizures and keppra
Spots on palms of hands & feet