Whooping Cough and HIV

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, so I'm sorry if I have submitted this incorrectly. I volunteer at a homeless shelter and I have possibly been exposed to whooping cough. Do I need to be worried about passing this on to my positive partner? (I don't think I have been affected.)

Thanks

Response from Dr. Conway

If you have not been affected and the exposure occurred more than 14 days ago (the incubation period of the disease), you have nothing to worry about. You didn't get it and you won't transmit it. You may well have been vaccinated in childhood and really have nothing to worry about. In the future, if someone with HIV infection or especially AIDS is exposed to someone with whooping cough, immediate prophylaxis with a macrolide antbiotic (such as Zithromax) is indicated to prevent disease. This works extremely well.

Very discouraged by Lipoatrophy
can I infect my hiv- girlfriend?