|if you don't take medicine for HIV or AIDS?
Jul 26, 2006
If you don't take medicine for HIV or AIDS how long do you live?
| Response from Dr. Conway
In the days before effective treatments were available, the average time from the initial diagnosis of HIV infection in someone without symptoms and a relatively well preserved immune system to the development of full blown AIDS was 10-12 years. With full blown AIDS, the life expectancy in the absence of any treatment is, on average, 2 years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Common Are Anal Warts?
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.