Ringworm and HIV

I'm HIV-positive and have rignworm. Tell me, the ringworm was first bright red and then turned very dark brown. Is this a result of the infection going away or is it just getting worse since my immune system can't fight it like normal folks?

Will it ever go away?

A.

Response from Dr. Conway

Ringworm is a fungal infection that can affect many areas of the body, such as the scalp, groin and feet. Its color may vary over time possibly due to exposure to the sun. It can be treated quite easily using a number of local preparattions. In the setting of more advanced HIV disease, it may be necessary to use more potent oral antifungal medications. One way or another, it should be possible to have it go away using potent enough medications for long enough, especially if the HIV infection is also treated at the same time with effective antiretroviral therapy.

STD/HIV EFFECTS
if you don't take medicine for HIV or AIDS?