Jul 26, 2006
What are the effects of of having HIV or another STD on the Physical and Emotional well being of an individual?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is an excellent question. Since the effects of a diagnosis of HIV are significant on the emotional well being of a person and may have significant long-term effects on physical health, I recommend that someone who receives this diagnosis immediately share the news with a "buddy" or significant other so that they can begin to develop strategies to deal more effectively with what lies ahead. The same applies to diagnoses of chronic STDs such as genital herpes.
Ringworm and HIV
- Mild Flu-like Symptoms And Hiv
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.