med side effects

I am on a regimen of combiva (150 and 300)and sustiva (600). Morning,evening, bedtime respectively. Todyay begins the second week. My diagnoses was just mid June and I've had first labs (cd 4 was "undetectable", and v-load was 260,000. I also have crypto and thrush and currently taking clortimazole 3 times a day for the thrus. My biggest issues right now is continued weight loss but after the last couple days on the meds I am finally feeling a bit of an appetite but have this persistent metallic taste in my mouth that severley impacts my appetite and makes eating very unenjoyable so much so that I've lost a lot of weight. Can you tell me if any of the meds are known to have this metallic taste phenom and perhaps suggest some more ways to help with it. I brush my teeth quite frequently and try to keep my tounge rinsed very good etc. Is there another thing that might help with this until I "level" out on my adjustement to the regimen. Next labs are in 2 weeks. Thank You Very Much

Some early taste abnormalities with decreased appetite is seen fairly often with your meds (AZT can cause as well as the Sustiva). Sometimes I would consider use of an appetite stimulant like Marinol to pick up the appetite for a while. If persistent (> 4 weeks and still annoying) then consideration would be given to switch the AZT in the Combivir to either tenofovir or abacavir. KH

Lipoatrophy
pert-test