Syphillis and HIV

I recently found out I have HIV, the doctor concluded that I have probably had it for about 2yrs. I am not suprised all my parters were contacted, one asked "so you have syphillis," I was immediatly confused. She is negative syphillis wise but does a negative syphillis test also conclude she is HIV negative too?

We had sex numerous times both vaginal and oral unprotected. She is looking to me for answers. Answers that I do not know. So my main question is syphillis testing for HIV to, or are they different. One for HIV (antibodies), and one for syphillis (bacterial).

I feel horrible, but feel I have done all I can. Could I have syphillis, I was hospitalized they ran all sorts of tests I never heard anything about syphillis?

Syphilis and HIV are separate infections (first is a bacteria and the 2nd a virus). Though syphilis infections may increase risk for HIV transmission numerous patients will (luckily) not transmit one or both infections to a partner (though the converse is true as well-unlucky partners may acquire on or both infections). If your partner is negative then she is lucky. Safe sex from this point forward to recommended as is follow-up tests in 3 months or so to confirm her negativ status.

sustiva/truvada diarrhea
neuropathy?