Availability of "Tincture of Opium"

I have recently had a protracted issue with being able to get my opium due to Mfg. breakdown and regulatory issues (at least that's the crux of the story I am getting from the Mfg.).

Can you give me any advice on how to proceed with making sure that a LAST STAGE Medication for many patients is fully available 100% of the time when it's needed not only for quality of life, but to stay out of the hospital as well.

I personally use quite a lot of opium because I've been using it for quite some time (aprox. 10 years), my monthy intake is aprox 20 to 24 oz.

Also, given that Johns Hopkins has recently published an article on unsupervised withdrawl from HIGH dose's of opiates can cause other medical complications.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you, Dave Finney Santa Barbara, CA

You raise a good point for which I have no ready answer. Interruption of supplies of various antibiotics, vaccines and other key drugs occurs periodically for a variety of reasons that can be very frustrating for patients and the medical community. Your HIV specialist and you may want to discuss with your pharmacist and even contact the manufacturer of your particular opium product. Any other helpful ideas out there is cyber space would be appreciated. KH

vanity & humility
A bump in my bone