Jul 21, 2006
I have some vertical looking ribbing on the sides of my tongue in a pretty uniform row from close to the back and almost to the tip but they are the same color as my tongue. Is it possible that this is hairy leukoplakia and are their any other reasons for this?
Response from Dr. Henry
Oral hairy leukoplakia seen in the setting of HIV infection often will have a whitish color embedded in the vertical ridges along the tongue margins--the ridges often will often become thicker and more white over time. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Purple Spots A Sign Of HIV?
- Is Hair Loss A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.