Face looking pale

Dear Sir

I Recently Tested HIV positive. My CD4 count is 386. Since the past three years, everybody is asking me whether I am sick. Since my face wqs looking pale day by day, but my weight was constant. There is still no loss in weight. I am not taking any HIV medicines. How can I get my face as before?

Response from Dr. Conway

This all depends on what everyone means by "pale". If, for instance, this is due to anemia, there needs to be specific treatment directed at this to address the issue. The same applies to this being a skin infection making it look pale. Otherwise, sometimes people use the word "pale" in a non-specific way, to designate that you jsut look sick. If this is the case, it might be important to look into what was causing such a "look" to decide on what you could do to improve it. Good luck...

unusual pain
Sustiva rash