Should I start Meds?

I have anal fissures that appears to not heal for the last 6 months. My doctor suggested I start meds to improve my immune system to help heal the fissure. Is it too early to start meds? I was diagnosed with HIV 2 years ago. My last t-cell count was 348 and viral load was 1143. The prescription was for Truvada, Norvir and Reyataz, any opinions on these drugs (side effects/etc..). What is a normal viral load/t-count for an individual who has had HIV for only 2 years with no health problems besides HIV? My sincere apology if I asked too many questions. Thank you in advance!

Your current regimen is a reasonable once a day choice. Many patients will have some stomach upset with gas and loose stools for a while while the body adjusts. That regimen as a reasonably good safety profile. A small number of patients (< 5%)will develop high levels of bilirubin due to the atazanavir which may necessitate switching off that drug. A small number or persons will have kidney problems with tenofovir in the Truvada (< 1-2%) which would necessitate switching off that medication. Those problems and others are usually picked up during the routine blood tests and clinical evaluation that are done after starting an HIV regimen. Your healing may improve on treatment but that is variable. The range of CD4+ T-cell decrease over time is very broad so it is not possible to state with confidence what is the expected CD4 count after 2 years of HIV infection. KH

agonising with pain and incertitude
just started my meds