Fear of HIV

Dear Doctor, It's a month today after I had sex with a prostitute, but had used a condom. I am having little pain in the bottom part of neck. The bottom of my feet sometimes have some temperature. I feel a little temperature on my neck sometimes. I also had cold and cough for 5 days. But there is also a season change from summer to rainy. There are some tiny red spots developed on my left hand which disappeared in 2 days. You had suggested it can be gonnorhea. Please guide me what it can be. Is it HIV?

Response from Dr. Conway

Protective insertive vaginal intercourse with a female whose HIV status is not certain carries a very low risk (much less than 1%) of transmitting HIV. None of the symptoms that you describe are suggestive of acute HIV infection. However, you did have a risk exposure to HIV and other sexual infections and this would be an excellent time to get tested, and establish a way in which you will make decisions in the future to avoid the risk of exposure to HIV.

My Feet shrink!!
What are the Chances?