|Change of medication
Jul 12, 2006
I am on Combivir and Sustiva and have worked well for me. The only issue I have is loss of fat in my legs and arms and increase in fat in my chest. (Man boobs) My nurse had mentined changing medications because of this but I hesitate messing up anything. What other newer drugs might I change to that would not have this side effect?
Response from Dr. Henry
Switching the AZT in Combivir to either abacavir or tenofovir may slowly help some of the fat distribution problems. Your regimen would also be simplified ultimately with once per day dosing and fewer pills. KH
Impact of Oxycontin and Percacet
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Oral Thrush Contagious Through Kissing
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.