CD4 of 154

I recently tested HIV positive and started visiting a clinic in my hometown-my labs were drawn and i had a CD4 of 154 and a viral load of 32000-now im waiting a week til my next appt with the pharmD-and they drew a genogram-is the waiting time cause for concern OI wise?

If you are not having much in the way of symptoms presently then usually waiting several weeks while deciding on a course of action is acceptable (waiting for further blood results is a common cause for a delay). Taking multiple vitamins and prophylaxis for PCP are often started soon after finding out that the CD4 count is < 200 but those steps are rarely an urgent matter. The waiting period can be a good time to read up on HIV/AIDS so that you can ask your HIV specialist good questions of importance to you. KH

HIV exposed?
mycobacterium avian complex