SISTER WITH AIDS

My sister is 28 years old and was dx with hiv almost 5 years ago she now has full blown aids. my question is i live in NC and she lives in NY i am so scared she will slip away and i wont be there. she just spent 3 days in the hospital for a genital cysts she has karposi sarcoma she has had pnemonia she has herpes she has lesions ver often. I guess what im asking is how long does she have before this virus ravages her body? its there anyway to know? her Tcell count has been below 50 for sometime now.

The survival time for people with AIDS is widely variable. If your sister is hospitalized often and has a CD4 count less than 50 then the situation is clearly serious. I would suggest offering to go with her to one of her MD/clinic visits to find out directly what her prognosis is and what you could do to help. KH

Chest Pains
HIV exposed?