fear of HIV

Dear doctor, Thanks for replying. I had a sex after that I had pains in the muscles and joints in legs, followed by eye infections. I also have pain in the bottom part of neck. In your reply you had advised that I can have gonnorhea, and for that I have taken levofloxacin. I have pain in the muscles of the right buttock. I have done HIV test which came back non reactive. I still have fear of HIV, or is it only gonnorhea. What to do next? Please help.

Response from Dr. Conway

At this stage, you should have an HIV antibody test 3 months after the exposure. If it is negative, you can be confident that HIV transmission did not occur as a result of the exposure in question. NOne of your symptoms are particularly consistent with acute HIV infection, so I would not recommend any supplementary testing for the virus itself at this time. Thinking positively, I would recommend that you consider how you will manage your life going into the future to avoid exposure to HIV. This is the most important thing to emerge from the questions you pose.

side effect of Kaletra
Lyrica