side effect of Kaletra

I am 25 and have started HIV treatment. I am African but dark in complexion. Since I started the treatment,I have become more and more dark. I told my doctor about it but she doesn't think it's the medication(Kaletra), but I notice massive changes of my complexion for three months now. What can be the problem?

Response from Dr. Conway

Hyperpigmentation is not really a side effect of Kaletra. Of thae antivirals, it has been reported with AZT, so I wonder if this is one of your medications. I would also wonder if it is related to something else, such as a fungal infection of your skin. Perhaps you should discuss these issues further with your doctor, or a skin specialist.

Thrush Part II
fear of HIV