who long does it take for KS lesions to disappear ?

Hi, I have been HIV positive since 2.5 years and been on meds since 5 months. I must have 15 to 20 KS lesions mostly on the arms and the groin area. They seem to be stabilising and do not continue to grow. However, I have seen no improvement with any one of the lesions. Is this normal after being 5 months on HAART therapy? Summer is around and I like to show my arms but people want to know what the lesions are about (my arms are not full of lesions but a few suffise to trigger questions with people). Thanks for your feedback. Alex from Brussels (Belgium)

Response from Dr. Conway

The main treatment for Kaposi's sarcoma is actually what you are doing: going on medications. As your immune systme imporves (over 6-12 months), the lesions should fade away. the fact that they seem to be stabilinzing is an excellent sign at this point, and you may need to be a bit more patient to see them improve. In some cases, radiation therapy can be used to make some of the more visible lesions fade more quickly, and you may wish to discuss this with your doctor.

Assorted Complaints
fish oil?