Side effects of the KALETRA / TRIVIZIR combination

Hello. I have been diagnosed HIV positive since 1997. From spring 2004 and for 4 months I was on the KALETRA / STOCKRIN combination. After that and for 1 year I had no medication at all. For the following 6 months I started the KALETRA / TRIVIZIR combination (120 CD4 count at that time). During the last two months I gradually got tumors of a size of an almond on different parts of my body (about 12-15 until today). My doctor says it is nothing to worry about: it is my bodys reaction to the drugs. I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance.

It is difficult to understand what those "tumor" like growths are from your description. Sometimes lypmph nodes can swell or there can be skin conditions that flare up when the body is undergoing immune system recovery on effective antiretroviral therapy. Your HIV specialist who knows your treatment history and has actually examined you is the best person to offer advice and to make a diagnosis. When patients develop problems involving the skin or areas under the skin I often refer to a skin specialist for evaluation. KH

Massive heartburn
drug hoildays