|Lipo for me
Jun 30, 2006
I recently got financed for lipo.A question they asked me was'DO YOU HAVE AN AUTO IMMUNE PROBLEM?'I said"NO"CAN i BE denied surgery for having hiv?Do I have to disclose?
| Response from Dr. Henry
In the US at least patients are not generally denied surgery (such as plastic surgery for fat problems) due to HIV positive status. It is recommended that patients be honest about their HIV status with their providers and health insurance companies. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Itchy Rash A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Red Eyes An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Swollen Glands A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.