Fear of having HIv

Dear Doctor, I had sex but I had used a condom. After a week, I experienced severe pain in my legs and joints, followed by eye infection similar to conjuntivitis. Now I am having pain in lower part of my neck, maybe lymph nodes. Do I have HIV? I am very worried

Response from Dr. Conway

The symptoms you describe are most often associated with gonorrhea or chlamydia (the joint pains, I mean) than HIV, so I would suggest you go ahead and consider testing for these sexual infections. As you are doing this, you can have HIV testing done, but this is mainly to rule out that you were infected before the time of this recent sexual contact. You will need to have repeat HIV testing over the next 3 months to establish whether the recent contact led you to be infected with HIV, and I would especially ask you to consider such repeat testing if it turns out that you were, in fact, exposed to gonorrhea or chlamydia with this sexual contact.

Neuropathy??
vertigo and hiv without meds